Longview wants Food & Beverage Companies
- Position: Longview is a thriving community in Northeast Texas, along Interstate 20, two hours east of Dallas and one hour west of Shreveport, Louisiana.
- Central location: Longview offers easy and equal access to both coasts. Inclement weather is a virtual non-factor regarding shipping.
- All Skill levels: Longview provides a diversified workforce, with a labor pool of more than 330,000 drawn from a 12 county region.
- Culinary Arts: Two East Texas colleges and four local high schools offer Culinary Arts programs.
- Electricity: Longview’s average electricity rate is 5.2 cents/kwh, which is 43% lower than the national average of 9.2 cents/kwh.
- Water: Using only 30% of our daily capacity of 52 million gallons/day, Longview has an abundant water supply.
- Natural Gas: Two natural gas providers serve Longview and the surrounding area.
- Land: Shovel-ready sites are available in two business parks with convenient access to highways and interstate.
- Spec Building: The Longview Economic Development Corporation owns a newly constructed 47,150 SF shell building in the Longview Business Park. This building is expandable to over 194,000 SF and is less than one mile from Interstate 20.
Quality of Life
- Cost of living: Longview's cost of living is 14% lower than the national average.
- Healthcare: Good Shepherd and Longview Regional hospitals serve Longview and the region with state of the art healthcare facilities.
- Activities: Longview has numerous parks and walking trails, an active arts community, and nearby lakes for fishing and boating.
Longview, Texas Food & Beverage Brochure