Longview business and industry attracts employees from a 12-county region surrounding the city. With a population of 660,000, this region has approximately 330,000 workers available. A large manufacturing base in addition to local colleges, universities, and technical schools have contributed to an abundance of workers with a variety of skills for today’s economy.
What makes us special?
- Major industries: Manufacturing, Oil & Gas, Mining and Health Care
- Home to world class companies like: Neiman Marcus, STEMCO Inc, Capacity of Texas, and Trinity Industries just to name a few.
- A 2012 study by The Pathfinders found there are 47,800 people underemployed in the region.
- The Pathfinders also performed a Labor Skill Shed Analysis for the Longview area in 2012. Click on the report name to open the report: Skill Shed Analysis and Employer Survey.
- The Workforce Solutions East Texas provides a high level of customer service for both employers and job seekers. Their Business Services Unit is dedicated to serving the needs of local employers.
- Nationally ranked LeTourneau University contributes to a high skilled population of individuals specialized in aeronautical science, engineering, and computer science.
- Customized technical training available through Kilgore College, Texas State Technical College and The University of Texas-Longview Center.
- A pro-business environment with low taxes and no personal or state corporate income tax
- City and county officials working together at the local level to provide incentives based on new investment, number of new employees, wages, and benefits paid.
These valuable resources and the work ethic of the people of the region provide a unique opportunity for business growth. People enjoy living in the Longview region and do not want to leave. Skilled labor has been the key to successful growth and employers find many, many people who want to use the skills they have, improve upon them and learn new ones.